- 16 analog video inputs.
- 6 video outputs which allow you to broadcast your mixes and also to
preview your different videos or effects.
Internal Video Processing:
- 4 video tracks which can be ordered into 4 layers.
- Different ways of mixing the video tracks and also a multitude of
- On each track, you can perform video Keyers, in addition to many
effects (geometric and color)
- Various types of transitions.
- MIDI and audio functions.
- Up to 144 presets for easier live mixing.
- Update the software of the table through the USB port.
Important Warning: To avoid damaging loud
speakers or other external apparatus, switch off all appliances
before connecting them to the VJX16-4.
1. The VJX16-4 video mixer offers you 16 analog video inputs:
- 8 Composite inputs (RCA)
- 8 S-Video inputs (YC mini DIN)
Connect the outputs of your different video sources (camcorders,
cameras, DVD recorders, photo apparatus, computers...). You can
connect up to 16 appliances simultaneously.
2. You also have access to 6 video outputs: 3 independent
outputs (OUT1, OUT2 and OUT3 split for Composite and S-Video.) You
can therefore connect up to 6 appliances (video projectors, plasma or
LCD screens, preview screens, VCR or Digital Video Recorder...)
3. MIDI IN and MIDI OUT connections:
- Enabling you to control in real time all the parameters of the
mixing deck with a keyboard or MIDI controller, or even with your
preferred audio sequencer. Link the MIDI IN connector to the VJX16-4
thru the MIDI OUT of your sequencer with a standard MIDI cord (DIN 5
- Some software programs come with MIDI control options. You can
therefore control your software with the VJX16-4. Link the MIDI OUT
connector of the VJX16-4 to the MIDI IN of your MIDI appliance with
a standard MIDI cord (DIN 5 pins).
4. The VJX16-4 also has audio functions:
- The audio stereo input (Audio IN) allows you to connect an audio
source (CD or DVD player, computer, audio mixing deck...) The
VJX16-4 also has real time audio analyzer which allows you to
synchronize your effects with the music.
- The audio stereo (Audio OUT) allows you to connect the VJX16-4 to an
amplifier or an audio mixing deck. The video mixer then transmits a
copy of the audio signal from the Audio IN input.
5. Choice of video standard: The VJX16 supports video standard
PAL/SECAM/NTSC. Using the 'selector' option choose the format you
require for your video source.
- P: corresponds to PAL/SECAM standard
- N: corresponds to NTSC standard
- You must choose the standard before switching the table on. If you
modify your choice whilst using the table, the change will not be
- If you position the selector in the P position, all of your 16 video
sources must be either in PAL or SECAM. The 6 video outputs will
likewise, be configured in PAL. Please refer to the MENU MASTER
chapter of the user manual to parameter each of your inputs in PAL
- If you switch the selector to the N position, all of your 16 video
sources must be in NTSC. The 6 video outputs will likewise, be
configured en NTSC.
6. USB connection: The USB socket serves exclusively to update
the software via a PC. Please refer to the UPDATING SOFTWARE chapter
of the user manual for guidelines on updating the software of the
- Check that the selector is not in the U position before turning on
the table in which case the table will put itself in the 'software
- Do not connect any type of apparatus other than a PC to the USB
socket of the table (USB lamp, USB key...) You would risk damaging
your video mixer or other appliance.
7. Power Supply: The VJX16-4 comes with an AC adapter and a
power cord. Only use these 2 components to power VJX16-4. Using any
other type of adapter could damage the VJX16-4 or the other
appliance. Please read the SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS chapter carefully
before plugging in the table.
- Firstly, connect the power cable to the AC adapter which came with
- Next, plug in the AC adaptor to a suitable power supply.
- Check that the ON/OFF is in the OFF position.
- Plug in the AC adapter into the VJX16-4.
- Put the ON/OFF button in the ON position to start up the table.
- Refer to the SPECIFICATIONS chapter for more information concerning
the inputs and outputs of the VJX16-4.
- Only use homologous and high quality audio, video, USB and MIDI
cables. They should measure less than 3 meters.